Monday, January 9, 2012

a quick and simple Christmas thank you

I really wanted to make Christmas thank you notes this year! I always have the best intentions of doing this and with the New Year rolling in, one of my goals for 2012 is to be better at actually SENDING out cards! I think in the past I have spent so much time and energy on making cards for upcoming events that I didn't take enough time to send them to my friends or family often enough. I get so much joy sending out cards...I need to do it more often and stop over-thinking it!

With these cards, I decided that I wasn't going to make them complicated because a) I had 12 cards to make, and b) I needed to get them out ASAP before January came and went! It's not always about making it over the top, so I decided to go simple. I was inspired by a card created by Mary Fish that I found on Pinterest and inked up the Best of Everything stamp set for the first time. The "thank you so, so much" sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set.

I've been wanting to try the white on white technique for awhile.


I cut the top white card stock a 3-1/2 inch square and then popped it up with some Dimensionals.


All the cards are stamped, written on, and already in the mail!!

And, my new motto for making cards this year...

Don't over-think it...just do it!

5 comments :

Patrice said...

Love your CAS white on white. Good for you, love your new motto!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Way to go Heidi......... you're my idol right now. I've been meaning to go to my room and actually get my thank you cards done too! Such incentive as your card is beautiful. Love the white on white with a little colour thrown in. Beautiful! Happy New Year.

Pam Steckman said...

I love it! Great job!

Paper Potter said...

I accept the assignment, and really love the white on white that you've done here. I don't know why I passed on this stamp set ... everything I see it I realize what a boo boo I made. Your card just made me look it up and write it in for the next order! Bless you, and TFS, Celia

Kelli said...

It's funny that you say don't overdo it because I was making a card the other day and was stressed but I just put something together without overthinking it and it turned out so well. Very cute card!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14