Wednesday, January 18, 2012

butterflies in-color

There must be something about butterflies lately because I have yet another butterfly card to share with you today! My friend celebrated a birthday yesterday and I wanted to send her a special card made just for her! Over the weekend, I sat down and waited for some inspiration. It didn't come right away, so I grabbed the nearest Papercrafts magazine and when I saw the picture on the front, I got to work! Isn't this card with the butterflies on the buttons beautiful? That was my inspiration!


Now I wanted a card that would mail easily (nothing too bulky!), so I went with no buttons, but kept with the tone on tone look. I decided the 2011-2013 In-Colors would do the trick!


I made the "birthday wishes" by stamping the word birthday and wishes separately using the Fabulous Phrases stamp set. I then punched them out using the Word Window punch, but also cropped it smaller on both ends, so the word window wasn't as long.


Using Dimensionals the butterflies seem to fly off the page!


Stamp Set: Fabulous Phrases (comes in both wood and clear mount)
Paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Coral Calypso
Ink: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Dimensionals, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, Rhinestones Jewel Accents
Tools
: Word Window punch, Adorning Accents Edgelits, 1-1/4" Circle punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Big Shot

1 comment :

vicki said...

Very Cute! I need to get me some of those rhinestones :) You are inspiring me to make cards!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14