Monday, January 23, 2012

anything goes challenge

I have been preparing for the start up of Stamp Club coming up on Friday, but I needed a little break and some inspiration for making my nephew's birthday card, so I headed to the A La Card Monkey Challenge #92 where "anything goes" this week.


I don't have very many boy stamp sets, so this card is about as boy-ish as I could get with what I could find in my stash and because my nephew is only turning six...I can still get away with "cutesy". I decided to play with the pinwheels again, but opted for cutting them out of the Big Top Birthday DSP instead of stamping.


I added some dimension with the "Happy Birthday" curled up a little. I probably could have added another pinwheel now that I see the extra white space, but the card is already in the hands of the six-year old, so I can't do anything about it now! :)


Stamp Set: On Your Birthday
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Big Top Birthday DSP, Brights DSP Pack (Tempting Turquoise dots)
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Tempting Turquoise brads, Real Red button, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die

6 comments :

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Heidi Very Cute Card.! Perfect for a 6 year old boy. It does get harder to make cards for boys when they get older, my Son is 13 and he won't even let me make cards for his friends (not even girls) lol. Thanks for playing along at A La Card Monkey!

Hugs
Shirley

Unknown said...

Very very cute cards and I love the colours too!!! Joined your site as well love it!

Tina said...

beautiful colors..amazing details to..thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Terry said...

I like it. The primary colors are great for that age. Thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Absolutely adorable!

Allison said...

So cute and fun! Love how bright it is!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14