Monday, January 16, 2012

bundle of love challenge

Updated to add on 1/20/12...I'm so excited that the following card was chosen and I was the "Monkey Princess" at A La Card Monkey!


It's been soooooo long since I've participated in a sketch challenge and yesterday I was really wanting to make a card for fun...not for an upcoming event, birthday, or any other reason. Just for fun! So, I visited A La Card Monkey and joined in their sketch challenge #91...with "a bundle of love" theme!

This week's sketch...


I wanted to stretch myself and go a little outside of the box I usually stay in and picked up a stamp set I didn't think I'd ever ink up, but decided just to go for it! The colors were inspired by a card I had seen on Stampin' Connection (a Stampin' Up! demo only website). I just loved the look of Pool Party and Blushing Bride, so those are the colors I stuck with (adding a little Early Espresso in there, too). Most of the products used on this card can be found in the *NEW* Occasions Mini Catalog!


You can't tell very well from this photo, but I used the *NEW* Blushing Bride Smooch Spritz. I sprayed it on the Blushing Bride card stock framelit behind the heart. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! It's gorgeous in person...and sparkles beautifully!


Stamp Set: Take it to Heart (available in both wood and clear mount), sentiment - "Be Mine" from an upcoming Sale-A-Bration stamp set called Outlined Occasions!!
Paper: Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Rhinestone Jewel Accents, Stampin' Dimensionals, Twitterpated Designer Buttons, Blushing Bride 3/8" Pleated Satin ribbon (I pulled out the pleats as I just wanted a little splash of Blushing Bride...click on the link to take a peek at how cool this stuff looks!), Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled ribbon, Blushing Bride Smooch Spritz
Tools: Fashionable Hearts Embosslits die,
Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (this punched out the heart shaped stamp), Labels Collections Framelits Dies


Head on over to A La Card Monkey to play along!! You have until Thursday at midnight to link up your own take on their sketch.

8 comments :

vicki said...

WOW! The card turned out beautiful! I am glad that you made something "just for fun"!

Pam Steckman said...

Now I have to go use this color combo! I love it!

Terry said...

Your card is so soft and pretty. I really like that color combo too. Thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge!

LeAnne said...

Heidi, I always love your style and this is why! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week!
LeAnne - GD

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Great color combo!!! Love the use of new products!!! So soft and pretty!!

Leena Girsa said...

Heidi, I simply adore this card! The colours are so soft and sweet and you've done a great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along at A La Card Monkey this week!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Great Card this week! I love love the color combo. Love all the different layers too! Thanks for playing along with us at A La Card Monkey! And Congrats on being the Monkey Princess this week!!

Hugs
Shirley

Terry said...

Congrats on being named our Monkey Princess with this lovely card! I'll be in touch soon with a sketch and guest designer invite for you.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14