Thursday, January 12, 2012

conversation hearts


Updated to add on 1/15/12 - What a treat it was to find out that Tiffany at My Crafty World chose my Conversation Hearts as one of her Crafty Picks #48. Thanks, Tiffany!!

I am so excited to have had a chance to play in my craft room the last couple of days! (Although I have to admit my house is suffering because of my "play time".) By yesterday, I had all three cards planned for next week's card night, and today I finished planning the "add on" project for that same event. Another goal I have for 2012 (in addition to sending out more cards this year!) is to have my cards and projects for my events planned at least one week before the event. I was too stressed last year in trying to get things done last minute! I know it will often depend on the month of how busy things are, but thankfully I have one event planned ahead of schedule and for that I'm proud of myself! Now, the cutting card stock and other things to have all the supplies prepared for the event? That will have to come this weekend after I get more confirmations of those attending! It's looking to be a pretty good turn out, so I'm glad!

Since I was such a good girl and I completed my tasks, I decided to make a few little treats I could have ready to go for Valentine's or to bring to the local consignment store where I have my cards for sale. You can never start thinking Valentine's Day too early, especially when you're a stamper!! I used the 1x8 Cellophane Bags newly introduced in the Mini Holiday Catalog...they carried them over and you are still able to purchase them!!

Conversation Hearts Skinny Bags
{with matching tag}

For the tag: I used the Candy Conversations single stamp in the new 2012 Occasions Mini Catalog. To match the candy hearts, I stamped it in various colors...Almost Amethyst (retired), Marina Mist, and Pretty in Pink. Then I punched out each heart using the Small Heart punch and used Stampin' Dimensionals to place them on the Modern Label punched out shape. The ribbon is 1/4" Marina Mist & Pretty in Pink grosgrain. I kind of like that the colors aren't your typical red and pink!


Helpful hint for filling the skinny bags with candy hearts. Use a marker to push them down into the bag. It will help the candies go in straight.


Candy Conversations
{wood mount single stamp - $8.95}

Have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

What a super cute idea!! I love it and will be featuring these on My Crafty Picks #48 with a link back to your blog on 1-15-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14