Thursday, January 19, 2012

i {simply} love you

I just wanted to pop in to share with you a quick Valentine's Day or any day to say "love you" card.

I received all of my new Mini Occasions Catalog toys a few weeks ago and have been just fiddling a little with this and that to figure out how it all works. For this card, I used the new Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die for the main focus. It's truly very simply, but it works for me!

Want to know a little secret? Occasionally (Ha! Who am I kidding?! Much more than occasionally...) I make a mistake or try something and don't like it. In the past I've been known to rip apart the card and scrap it all together, but I'm trying REALLY HARD not to go to drastic measures and instead just work with the mistakes. Well I made a mistake on this card in the top right corner (I was trying something and ended up not liking it AT. ALL.) But instead of just giving up, I adapted...thus the reason I have a folded corner with a mini library clip and a linen thread bow. I'm thinking no one would have ever known about my mess up, but telling you this means that it's OK to make those mistakes...just work with them and try a little something different before you rip the card to shreds!

Remember our new motto for the New Year...

Don't over-think the process, just do it!


Stamp Set: Short & Sweet
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Ink: Melon Mambo
Accessories: Dimensionals, Mini Library Clips, Linen Thread, Pearl Accents
Tools
: Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates, Big Shot

In other stamping news....

I have my monthly 3 for $6 card night tonight! I look forward to starting these up again and this will be my first one of the New Year! We meet on the Third Thursday of every month and tonight will be a PACKED HOUSE! Should be fun...more card samples will be coming your way!

1 comment :

Patti J said...

Too much fun! Love the multiple hearts floating up out of the envie! When I first began stamping, my teacher used to say there were not mistakes in stamping - just creative opportunities! You siezed an opportunity here to make an awesome card! Good luck tonight - sounds like fun!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14