Saturday, January 14, 2012

butterflies and birthdays

Remember that goal of mine for the New Year? Less over-thinking the process of making the cards too complicated and more just doing it and actually sending them out! Well, I have good news...I'm on track with that goal! I had a couple of friends I had been thinking about and wanted to send a card to just to let them know that. In the past I would "put it on the list" and most often it just wouldn't get done. Not this time!!

To "get 'er done" and send the card off in the mail, I decided to keep the card simple. I love me some purple, so I reached for this color first.


Stamp Set: Apple Blossoms - sentiment (retired hostess set)
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Lucky Limeade, 2011-13 In Colors pack
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Pearl Accents, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (one of my favorites!), *NEW* Adorning Accents Edgelits Die, *NEW* Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder


I added the Dimensionals behind the butterflies to make them "fly" off the page...


I wanted to play with my new "toys" I got from the Occasions Mini Catalog, so I thought this card would be the perfect chance to get out my Adorning Accents Edgelits Die & Textured Embossing Folders to match! The Edgelits die cuts and then the Embossing Folder created the embossed look above the cut. I hope to use these more in future projects. It took a little bit of mastering and I feel like I have a little more to learn yet, but my first time was fun, so I'll get them out again!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My kids and I went to a birthday party on Friday and sticking with my butterfly kick, I got out my never-been-inked-before Flight of the Butterfly that I had purchased back during the Online Extravaganza in November (I snagged it at 50% off!) It had been on my wish list for awhile, so I knew this was the perfect chance! This is a two-step stamping set, so I got out my Stampamajig to line up everything perfectly...love that thing! If you don't know how to use the Stampamajig and you are a proud perfectionist (like me!) ask me how!!

Another quick and simple card, but perfect for a sweet little 4-year old girl!


Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterfly
Paper: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess exclusive)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: pink rhinestone brad, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch


We brought our little 4-year old friend a purse filled with a couple of goodies for a mother-daughter date. I wrote a little poem to go with the gift, typed it up and added a few little flowers to give it a little something extra. I'm pretty sure her mom (my good friend) probably appreciated the poem and gift cards for the date more than she did, but there were a few little goodies in there just for the birthday girl like nail polish and lip gloss. What 4-year old wouldn't want that?


Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14