Friday, February 8, 2013

monkey & owl toppers for valentine's day!


I have been busy punching out monkey faces and owls over the last couple of weeks! I was so excited to get a couple of Etsy orders for my monkey class valentines I had made for my son's class last year. On top of those two online orders, I also had two friends who wanted these for their kids. Overall, I punched out and inked the edges of 83 monkey faces! Whew...my punching hand got a work out to say the least! *wink*

One of the gals who ordered through Etsy wanted me to make these same valentines, but in pink and suggested adding a heart onto the ear. I went along with her vision and came up with another option that I ended up really loving...and so did she! Super cute for any little girl who loves pink!! (My original design was in red as seen HERE.) These are great little toppers for a baggie filled with banana flavored runts or banana flavored Laffy Taffy. So fun!
30 out of 83 monkey toppers...
...all packaged and ready to ship! 
I also had a friend who asked if I might have an idea for a treat topper to go along with the theme of owls for her son's preschool class. And, of course, I grabbed my owl punch and started punching away...
 I added a 1-3/4" circle and 2-3/8" scallop circle behind the owl.
 
 And then attached a banner tag with the message...
"Owl be your friend forever."
 
 These will be toppers for a skinny bag filled with treats!
 
 I also wanted to see what it would like using a top note topper attached to a baggie filled with even more goodies. I think they are both adorable!!
 
 

 Now it's onto making my OWN children's class valentines!

Have a great weekend, Stampers! Feel free to leave a comment with any questions or just to say hello!

2 comments :

Sarah said...

Super cute! It's fun when you get special requests because customers often have great ideas. :-)

Kimberly said...

These are sooo cute!! I absolutely love them!
Your owl eyes look perfect, any tips you can give on that? I can never get them to look right. I always have a crazy eyes owl.

Thanks so much!!
Kimberly
kimberly84321@hotmail.com

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14