Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday Tip - do it yourself punch templates

This week's Tuesday Tip is a "do it yourself" punch template tool that I made with my stamp club at our last meeting.

Here is the final product...


I thought I would run through real quick how I made this tool and then further down, I will share with you how to use it effectively.

Start out with typing up the name of each punch that you are going to include (I have most of the punches, just missing a few)...


Punch each of them out with the Word Window punch...


Cut 3x3 squares out of your choice of cardstock and then punch each of them to create the shape outlines...


Adhere the labels to each of the squares...


Laminate them (if you own a laminator) for durability...


Punch a small hole in the corner of each square and add a ring to keep them all together...


This punch template will be helpful as you are trying to create a card and you want to use a certain punch, but you want to find the right sentiment that fits inside. If you take your punch template, you can go through the catalog and find the stamp sets you own to find a sentiment that fits!


It also works for images...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

One more quick tip as you are looking through the catalog you might notice that on some images there is a red outline around them. These red outlines indicate that it coordinates with a punch that Stampin' Up! sells. Thought you might like to know if you didn't already!


**If you're looking for more Tuesday Tips, check them all out HERE

7 comments :

Anne Marie Hile said...

I have been wanting to make some of these set for a while now. Thank you for all of the great tips you shared to put them all together! Great idea! :)

None None said...

Thank you for this great idea!! I'm going to be making one this weekend when I have time. I echo Anne Marie's comment - great idea! :)

Kelli said...

Ooh, I have to do this. This is why I need a laminator!!! Great idea.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

I started to make one of these but never finished. Love the laminate idea...
I printed my titles on the narrow address (folder) labels. (but I'm lazy).
Guess I better finisher that project. Loved this tut.
Hugs.

Basteltiger´s Welt said...

I just discovered your blog today and this tip is oh so good.
I will do this for me as well.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Nadine

Artistic Angel said...

Thanks for Sharing! This is a great idea! I will have to do this soon

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with mine since I tend to forget what I have. I especially like the idea of laminating them to prevent them from getting torn up AND to be able to see if sentiments etc fit. It’s the best by far! Thank you!!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14