Friday, June 13, 2014

beach themed favor tags

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine asked if I would be interested in making some favor tags. She had these cute foot scrubbers in the shape of fish and starfish to go with her beach-themed bridal shower (her sister is getting married in Hawaii!). Of course I was happy to help!


I printed out what she wanted the tags to say on a word document, which included the date of the wedding. I could fit 8 on a page and I was planning to make 35 in total. The font is Jenna Sue (a favorite of mine!)

I knew I wanted to use the new Tag Topper Scalloped Punch, so the width needed to be two inches. I pulled out my Paper Trimmer and got to work at cutting up all 35 tags.

Next step was punching the edge of each...

OK, all done with that part!

 Time to stamp!
I wanted to stick with the beach theme, so I used one of the stamps from Work of Art to resemble the water and stamped each tag using Pool Party. I wanted it softer, so I stamped off each time before stamping on the tag.

 The starfish image from Sea Street was the perfect accent to the tag, so I stamped it in Sahara Sand in the corner of each tag.

I had quite a bit of leftover Pool Party satin ribbon from Sale-A-Bration a couple of years ago and this was the perfect color/texture for this tag!



It's so fun to be able to create for others!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14