Thursday, March 24, 2016

4th Annual Sale-A-Brate Our Downline!

This is about a month and a half overdue (along with many other blog posts I have been "meaning to write"), but it's better late than never to play a little catch up. February & March have been so busy, but I hope for things to be slowing down a little. As I type this I am at the beach house enjoying a little "downtime" with my family for Spring Break. No laundry to do or things to clean. Now I can put my time towards other things...like blogging while the kiddos are asleep!

Each year my upline (Andrea) and I put together a little "Sale-A-Bration" of our own and we come together to sale-a-brate our downline in a fun way. This is our fourth year, so if you want to see some of the other things we have done in the past you can click HERE and HERE (apparently I didn't blog about it last year - oops!) We have a small group, but we still try to make it special!

We always like to start with a meal that both Andrea and I plan and put together. This year we went on the lighter side and had sandwiches, chopped salad, and chips. Wrapping a band around a water bottle creates decorative touch.

We also had ice cream sundaes for dessert...yum!
 

Each year we share two different make n takes for our downline to then re-create. This year Andrea and I both had water coloring on the brain, so our samples showed different ways with this technique.

She shared with us how to create a bokeh background using watercoloring and white ink. 

We're busy at work creating our masterpieces! 

Here is the final card. This was the first time I tried the bokeh background. I really liked it!

I have already shared the second make n take I created HERE. This particular card showed the watercolor wash technique using one of the (now retired) Sale-A-Bration sets.


I made each of the gals a fun little gift using the Baker's Box Thinlits Die (I have already posted more details HERE).

Andrea gave everyone these cute little bags filled with bath beads. She used the Polka Dot Cone Cellophane Bags new from the Occasions Catalog.

At our get togethers we also swap cards at the end!




We may be a small group (not all were able to make it), but it is always so fun to get together to share ideas, inspire each other, laugh, create, and just have FUN!

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14