Monday, February 15, 2016

Watercolor Wash Hello

Sale-A-Bration is well under way...there is still over a month left! This year Stampin' Up! is retiring a couple of Sale-A-Bration freebies early and they will only be available through TODAY (February 15th), but this means they're also bringing in some new stuff! Starting February 16th there will be a few more options for you to choose from!

I thought I would sneak in one more card using the Sale-A-Bration set called Hello. This is one of the products that will be retiring early, so if you can't live without this set be sure to put your $50 order in TODAY to get it as your freebie! (HERE are some other cards I made with this set.)

This card was inspired by the talented Dena Rekow. We had our annual Sale-A-Bration team meeting last Wednesday and I wanted to bring a watercoloring technique to share. The size of this card is a note card size, but it works perfectly with the "hello" sentiment. I used emboss resist with some watercoloring and specifically used watercolor paper, which makes for such a beautiful look when paired with ink and aquapainters. Just a simple card, but a fun one for a friend to get in the mail! The flower comes from the Botanical Builder Framelits, which I popped up on a Dimensional and added a rhinestone to the center.


Colors used: Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Pool Party

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment :

Kim Ryden said...

I love this card! I need to do more of the embossing and watercoloring combo! LOVE IT!!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14