This next project is one of those super easy treats to put together, but yet it looks FABULOUS! They are perfect for those people that you want to wish a Merry Christmas to with just a little something more than a card...staff at your child's school, bus driver, mailman (or woman), your child's classmates, co-worker, hair stylist, your UPS driver (you know us Stampin' Up! demos appreciate those boys in brown!)...the list could go on and on! These have have been a big hit both at this year's bazaar and last year's as well!
- Rolo candies (look for sales on candy bars or buy them in bulk at Costco!)
- Your favorite DSP (I used misc. retired SU! paper)
- Matching ribbon
- Any Christmas stamp set that would make a cute tag
Wrapping the Rolos:
- Remove the outer wrapping of the Rolos. The wrappers should slip right off and the gold foil will remain.
- Cut a 3-1/2" x 4-1/2" piece of your favorite DSP.
- Place SNAIL adhesive on one side and Sticky Strip on the other side. Starting where the SNAIL adhesive is, roll the Rolos into your DSP, ending with the Sticky Strip to secure tightly.
- Tie a ribbon around the Rolos and add a tag...
The tag I decided to make seemed PERFECT for this treat. It comes from the Tags til Christmas stamp set. I could have punched it out with a 1" Square punch, but decided I wanted the inked border around it, which would have gotten cut off. So I hand cut the edges (it didn't take that long...promise!) and then punched out a scallop square in a coordinating color using the Scallop Square punch. I added a Dimensional to make it "pop"!
Hope you have an extra SWEET day!!
Bless someone with a handmade treat made by you...just for them!