Saturday, December 3, 2011

12 days of Christmas {projects} - day 3

Christmas Project #3
Santa Suit Bottles

Hi Stampers!
Ready for Day 3 of the 12 Days of Christmas {Projects}?! Each of my daily inspiration projects are meant to be quick and simple because once the month of December rolls around, let's face it...we don't have much time because there's always so much to do!

Today's project I wish I could claim as my own creation, but unfortunately I can't! I found this cute idea through my newest addiction...Pinterest! The idea comes from HERE, but like always I tried to add a few little touches of my own!

I specifically made these bottles for the Holiday Bazaar I participated in a few weekends ago. They were a snap to put together, but aren't they oh so cute?! I think this would be the perfect little gift for a teacher, co-worker...or wouldn't this look darling if you left this on your neighbor's front porch?



To start things out, you'll need an empty and washed Starbucks Frappucino bottle with the label removed. (A helpful hint for removing the label: Soak it in hot soapy water for at least 5 minutes. You might still need Goo Gone or other sticker remover, but the label peels off easier if soaked.)

Next comes preparing your supplies...
  • 3" x 9" piece of Real Red card stock
  • 1" x 9" piece of Basic Black card stock
  • 7/8" x 3" piece of Whisper White card stock
  • a "buckle" made from Silver Glimmer paper
  • (hello...LOVE this paper!)

Wrap the Real Red piece around the center of the bottle making sure the seam meets wherever you want the back of the jar to be. I used SNAIL adhesive randomly to have a good hold, but on both ends of the paper, I used Sticky Strip (see next picture). Before adding the Basic Black strip of cardstock, be sure to add the Whisper White strip down the middle of the jar. I only used SNAIL adhesive for the white.

BOTH ends (only one end is seen pictured) of the Real Red and Basic Black card stock have a piece of Sticky Strip for a tight hold once you wrap it around the bottle.

To make Santa's buckle, punch out a 1" square out of the Silver Glimmer paper (I'm telling you...this paper is even more gorgeous in person!)

Then center the 1-3/8" Square punch around the 1" square...

Easy-peasy!

I let the belt buckle stick out a little and only added adhesive to the middle part. I figured eventually the adhesive would wear off if it was wrapped around the bottle and I like the affect of it sticking out.
To cover the label of the top of the jar, I stamped "From Santa" (a single stamp offered in the Holiday Mini Catalog) using Real Red ink, punched it out with a 1-3/4" Circle punch and then used a small strip of Sticky Strip to hold it securely in place.

Around the lid, I added a 1/4" x 6" piece of Real Red DSP (from the Brights DSP Patterns Pack). I used SNAIL adhesive on the whole strip, but added a tiny piece of Sticky Strip on both ends to make sure it didn't come undone.

Finish it off with a piece of Real Red 5/8" Satin ribbon tied in a knot and it's a gift ready to give!

I wanted to include this picture from my bazaar because my 5-1/2 year old daughter is actually the one who took this...

...right before she took this one of herself!

I love this silly girl!!

Thanks again for stopping by!

Be sure to come back each day for the next 9 days for more quick and simple Christmas project ideas...and on December 12th there will be a GIVEAWAY!!

************************

Day 1 - M & M's Skinny Bag with Matching Tag
Day 2 - Rudolph Punch Art Gift Card Holder

1 comment :

Yolanda said...

You are so talented! I'm loving looking through your blog. WOW! How generous of you to share step by step directions for all your great projects! Thanks so much! By the way your little girl is so stinkin cute!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14