Friday, October 1, 2010

My First Christmas Workshop of the Season!

Almost 2 weeks ago, I did a workshop for one of my mother-in-law's friends. She specifically requested that she wanted to make Christmas cards. I was 100% on board, especially because it would give me this great opportunity to start playing with some Christmas stuff early and be thinking ahead on other events I could hold as Christmas draws near. She also wanted it to be a 3/$5 card making workshop. I have started doing these a lot more than just the one free make n take like a "true workshop" is intended to be. I usually offer that if any of the guests spend $30 or more, the cards are free!

The hostess wanted one of the three cards to be religious-themed and I had remembered that my mother-in-law had ordered the Christ is Born stamp set at my Open House in May 2009 when I first started as a demo. It was the perfect set to use and now my mother-in-law will be making these for her Christmas cards (and bought all the supplies for it!) I was also able to teach the ladies how to use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig with this card so they could place the "Christ is Born" sentiment in the corner for there to be just enough room for the poinsettia.

Inside Greeting: Wishing you the joy and wonder of the first Christmas.
Stamp Sets: Christ is Born

Paper: Very Vanilla, Garden Green

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Markers: Riding Hood Red & More Mustard

Accessories: retired Alpine Originals ribbon, Top Note Die, dimensionals, gold Stickles (non-SU!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For the second card, I really wanted to use a new stamp set, but since I hadn't purchased many Christmas items yet, I didn't have a lot to choose from. I came up with this design after fiddling around for quite some time...seems to be the trend these days for me. Re-arranging a design more than a dozen times before I feel it's just right! Even though the snowflakes were from a retired stamp set (Best Wishes & More), it gives it the perfect touch with the white embossing.

Stamp Sets: Perfect Punches (love this set!), Best Wishes & More (retired)

Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Versamark (for use with embossing)

Accessories: Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, dimensionals, white embossing powder and heat tool, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This last card I designed is probably a favorite. I love the Delightful Decorations stamp set. This was a purchase I made for myself with one of my last orders, and of course buying the punch was on that list, too! The ladies really enjoyed this card. I hadn't purchased any of the new Christmas-themed DSP yet, so I went with some retired paper that was in last year's catalog. I look forward to reproducing this card using some of the Jolly Holiday DSP and switching the Real Red for Cherry Cobbler.


Stamp Sets: Delightful Decorations, Christmas Greetings

Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' DSP (retired)

Ink: Real Red, Old Olive

Accessories: 1/8" Real Red taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, ornament punch, eyelet border punch, Big Shot Texturz, mini glue dots, red rhinestone (non-SU!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I ended up preparing more card kits than what was needed (way more!), but I also decided I would make up any of the leftovers and will be using them to sell at any upcoming bazaars that I might participate in. I had 10 card kits of each card and will be selling them in groups of 5. Works for me!

Look for another post soon for the treats I made for each guest and the cute gift card holder I made for the hostess!

5 comments :

Kelli said...

This is an example of why you are the reason I fell in love with SU! These are all amazing!!! I need to start saving now for my Big Shot because I love the texture it gives to the background of a card. Thanks for sharing.

Diana Carr said...

Beautiful cards! Now following from Stampin' Connection.

Diana
www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com

Shanda Stirk said...

Those are all great cards - I would love to have attended that class! Great Christmas cards! I am now following you from SC.

Juliet said...

great cards! new follower from SC

Juliet
http://julietscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

stampingwithlulu said...

Wonderful! I'm your newest follower.

www.stampingwithlulu.blogspot.com

Lori

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14