Friday, September 27, 2013

SS INKspiration - Friday Favorites (Halloween Treat Box)


Yippee!! It’s Friday Favorites over at Stylin’ Stampin’INKspiration and I am so excited to share with you some of my FAVORITE products right now!


I am loving the Decorative Window Gift Boxes that are in the Holiday Catalog (p. 36 / #132146, $4.95 for 6 boxes). There are so many fun things you can do with them and they are the perfect finishing touch for a special gift that can be tucked inside! (Another example of this box I decorated was the Butterfly Gift Box that holds a gift of 3x3 cards and envelopes.) I am also showcasing another favorite today...GLITTER!! Who doesn't love a little extra sparkle on your project?

Since Halloween is just around the corner and I love giving out sweet treats, I thought it would be the perfect chance to spruce up one of these boxes for Halloween creating something perfect for boxing up goodies. I filled this box with Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses, but I think other homemade goodies would look fun peeking through the "window" like decorated sugar cookies or yogurt covered pretzels drizzled with orange and black. The ideas are endless!

To create a Halloween Treat Box of your own, you will need:
 1 Decorative Window Gift Box
4 pieces of Witches' Brew DSP (1 3/8" x 3 7/8")
1 Basic Black square (3 7/8" x 3 7/8")
Approx. 28 inches Pumpkin Pie 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

I used the Circle Framelits and created a hole in the middle of the square (I just eye-balled it as best I could to make it centered).

Adhere this to the top of the box. I used SNAIL adhesive for this step.

Adhere are all four pieces of DSP to each side of the box.

Now, here comes the fun part ~ GLITTER!!

To make the "glitter ring" that goes around the window, I used my Circle Framelits and a scrap piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock to create a ring. Again, I just eye-balled it as best I could.

This is what it will look like once you have it cut out.

To add glitter, press it down onto the Versamark covering the entire ring.

Sprinkle Heat & Stick Powder all over it.

Heat set it using the Heat Tool. It will turn shiny and the white powder will disappear.

 Douse it in orange glitter and then heat set it one more time for the glitter to stick.

I used SNAIL adhesive around the edge of the window and adhered the glitter circle to the top.

 I finished it off with a simple "Trick or Treat" from the Tags 4 You stamp set. I left off the spiders on this image by coloring the stamp with Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie markers.

Complete your box by tying a bow around it. Now you have yourself a cute little box to give someone on Halloween filled with treats!



Please do not hesitate to leave a question in the comments if you need clarification on something you see here! If you would like to order any of the products above, you can visit my website at heidiboos.stampinup.net and click on SHOP NOW! 
 
I hope you'll come by to visit Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration and see what other favorites some of our designers are enjoying these days!! 

Have a great weekend! My son celebrates turning SIX on Saturday, so we'll be having lots of fun partying with friends and family over the weekend. See you on Monday!

5 comments :

Pam Steckman said...

Another product I need! The circle framelits! I love the box! GREAT idea!

Julie A. said...

Wow Heidi! This is GORGEOUS! I have to make one of these for my sons teacher:) Love it!!!

brrenwick said...

Super cute Heidi! How fun to dress up that cute little box with just few pieces of paper, some glitter and ribbon....LOVE!

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be!

Wendie Waldman said...

Beautiful project. Wow, there are pumpking spice kisses?! Off to the store!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14