Sunday, October 24, 2010

3/$5 Card Making Night - October

Last Thursday was October's 3/$5 card night. There was a great turn out of 10 ladies and some of them were first timers...I love having new attendees at my events! It was great to spend the evening with such a great group of women!

The layout of this first card was inspired by something I saw on Stampin' Connection, a website just for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. I loved the colors of this card that made it pop and added my own little touch on it. It morphed into something a little different than what I started out, but I love it!


Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment)

Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Pumpkin Pie (to ink around the edges of pumpkin), Basic Black

Accessories: retired black gingham ribbon, wide oval punch, 2-step bird punch (for leaves), polka dot embossing folder (used with Big Shot), dimensionals

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This next card I created out of trial and error...it is definitely a GIRLY card!!

Stamp Sets: Birthday Bliss

Paper: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Sweet Pea DSP (retired)

Ink: markers - Melon Mambo & Old Olive (used with sentiment)

Accessories: pink satin ribbon, dotted scalloped ribbon border punch, fancy flower x-large punch. 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, glue dots, dimensionals


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I CASEd this card from HERE. Although I changed the ribbon and didn't add the pearls on the scallop border like it shows in the card I copied, I pretty much loved it as is...colors and all!


Stamp Sets:
Apple Blossoms (Hostess Level 2 set)

Paper: Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White

Ink: Old Olive, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain (retired), basic pearls, scallop border punch


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
On Saturday, I attended my first ever Stampin' Up! Regional. This year it was being held in Portland at the Convention Center, which is a short 45 minute drive away, so I definitely made it happen for me to go! It was fabulous and I was truly inspired by so many things that were shared at this event. I didn't win any free stamps, but the make n takes were fun, and I spent the day with some fun ladies at our table. Oh, and I got to meet Shelli for the first time!! I felt like I was a groupie or something wanting to get my picture taken with her.

Jessica, my upline Andrea, Shelli Gardner, and me

3 comments :

vicki said...

The cards look great! Wish I could have been there. I am glad that you had a good time at the convention!
Love Ya!
Mom

Jennifer said...

CUTE cards Heidi!! Sounds like you had a fun time at convention!! (=

Kelli said...

The cards are so cute as usual!!! I love the pumpkin card...I've done that with my oval punch too. Looks like great time at your convention. I'm hoping one comes close to here so that I can go.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14