Monday, October 6, 2014

fabulous work of art

Tomorrow night is card making night at my mother-in-law's and so I am preparing some cards for her and her friends to create! I found this sketch on Freshly Made Sketches and I knew it would be the perfect one to get my creative juices flowing for a quick and easy card!


I reached for my stamp set Work of Art and one of my favorite DSP stacks (Moonlight) and got right to work! I was able to bust out this card in a matter of 10 minutes! I wish it was that "easy" all the time. You don't really want to know how long it takes me to design a card on most days. Can you say perfectionist? ;)


I used the larger butterfly punch to punch out a piece of vellum and then placed a smaller butterfly (from Kinda Eclectic) on the top, finishing it with a couple of rhinestones. The butterfly is popped up on Dimensionals.

Stamp Sets
Work of Art, Kinda Eclectic
Ink
Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey
Paper
Whisper White, Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Moonlight DSP Stack
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones
 Tools
2-1/2" Circle Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Texture Boutique Machine, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder

I have been taking a little bit of a break from blogging (have you noticed?) as this mama has been needed a lot more at home lately. I've still been busy creating and being inspired...just haven't been able to SHARE much! I did participate in World Card Making Day with some of my team last Saturday, so I will share pictures soon of our fun day! I also created a fun swap card for the Control Freaks Holiday Swap, so that's coming, too!! Hope you all have a blessed day!

3 comments :

vicki said...

Love this card! Great job! Can't wait to make it :)

Unknown said...

Great card, love the colours you've used. Karen x

Jen Timko said...

How adorable Heidi!!! Super use of this set! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14