Wednesday, April 25, 2012

card making night - April

Last Thursday I held my monthly card making night! I really enjoy the opportunities each month for me to host these events, so that I am always using my products by creating cards. Some months the attendance is higher than others, but I love a big group and I love a small group, so I'll take either!

As many of you know already, the retiring list came out on April 15th. (Visit HERE to take a peek of what stamp sets will be retiring on May 31st and click HERE to take a peek of what accessories will be retiring). Not only will there be many, many stamp sets retiring, but we are saying goodbye to the 2010-2012 In-Colors, as well. Because of this, I wanted to get some extra play time in with some of the retiring products. So, with my first card I did just that by using the retiring colors Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, and Peach Parfait. I also used the retiring stamp set Pocket Silhouettes. This is a simple design, but a classic!



Stamp Set: Pocket Silhouettes (retiring)
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Whisper White
Ink: markers - Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush
Accessories: Dimensionals, Pearl Accents, 1/2" Pear Pizzazz Poly-Stitched ribbon (retiring)
Tools: Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

The second card we made was a CASE by the wonderfully talented Jen Sannes of Simple & Sincere. This is not the first time I have cased one of Jen's cards. I love, love, love her clean and simple style so much! I changed a couple of things in an attempt to add my own personal flair by snipping some banners at the bottom of each of the strips of paper. I also added a brad in the middle of the flower instead of a button. Thanks, Jen, for the inspiration! This card uses the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper that Stampin' Up! is offering right now (through April 30th) as a promotion for upcoming products in the new catalog.


Stamp Set: Bold Blossom
Paper: Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Island Indigo polka-dotted brad
Tools: Triple Layer Bouquet punch, Paper Piercing Tool & Mat, Paper Snips

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

The final card was something I saw on Pinterest created by Lorraine. I pinned it 9 weeks ago, but it wasn't until I saw Karen Graff-Povis's take on the same card that I remembered I had pinned it. I felt like this month was the right month to go for it and so I did, adding my own choice of colors and DSP. The candle flames are made using the Two-Step bird punch. How clever is that?!


{a little Dazzling Details for some sparkle on the flames}

Stamp Set: Happiest Birthday Wishes 
Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Just Add Cake DSP 
Ink: markers - Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Peach Parfait 
Accessories: Dimensionals, red brads, Wild Wasabi striped ribbon (retired)
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool & Mat, Two-Step Bird punch




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Stampin' Up! just announced the Retired Accessories list TODAY!!
Some accessories are discounted up to 60% off, but don't wait too long to order since all accessories and Decor Elements are available only while supplies last! Click on the picture below to order straight from my website.


No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14