Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Card Making Night - May

On Monday night this past week, I held my 3 for $6 card night. I had three new stampers who had never been before and they really enjoyed it! I think I got them addicted already! *wink*

This first card below, I posted on Monday, so it might look familiar.


Stamp Set: Apple Blossoms (Hostess Level 2 set)

Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Sahara Sand

Ink: Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Sahara Sand

Accessories: 1/8" Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, 5/8" Rose Red Double-Stitched ribbon (retired), Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

Tools: Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Modern Label punch, Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die (used with Big Shot)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For this next card, I was inspired by a card I had seen HERE. I changed up the colors and made a few of my own touches, but I just love the bright colors and the way the party hats stand out!


Stamp Set: Party Hearty (currently 30% off until May 30, 2011), So Happy For You (2011 SAB - no longer available)

Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo

Ink: Melon Mambo, markers - Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo

Accessories: 5/8" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

Tools: Paper Snips (to cut out the party hats), 3/4" Circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (used with Big Shot)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I just love this Father's Day that I found at Lesley's blog when I participated in a color challenge last week with the Paper Players. I switched up a few things by re-arranging the colors and adding an embossing folder, as well as adding some brads in the corners. I'm just a fan of clean and simple!


{inside greeting}
Stamp Set: Best Dad Ever (in the 2011 Summer Mini Catalog)

Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, markers - Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso

Accessories: Dimensionals, Night of Navy brads

Tools: Square Lattice Embossing Folder (used with the Big Shot)

3 comments :

Kelli said...

I know I tell you all the time how I love your cards but I really do. You have an eye for putting colors together :) Can you tell me how you take such great pictures of your cards. I always have such a hard time.

Christine Blain said...

Your cards are beautiful, Heidi; I'm sure your class attendees LOVED this class! I am honoured that I inspired you, with the Party Hearty card - thanks for letting me know! Christine :)

Patrice said...

Each of these cards is lovely. I particularly like that line-up of party hats on your birthday card!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14