Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas gift card holders & a couple of fun gifts to give

This will be my last post of Christmas goodies...promise! ;) Next year, I really need to have my act together and do better at blogging in December, so my Christmas projects can actually inspire you for Christmas. Like I said, you can always tuck away any ideas you have seen over the last few days on my blog for next year's Christmas "to dos".

I made some gift card holders for the same consignment shop I mentioned in yesterday's post about the matching gift bags and tags. These were really fun to make and were quite simple. I think I created 4 of each of these designs. Whatever didn't sell at the shop will be nice to have for next year's gift cards (or even to have at a bazaar).

Updated to add: If you wanted to make your own, the dimensions are 8" x 4 1/4". Score it at 2 3/4" x 6". On the inside "pocket", use sticky strip around the edges to make sure the gift card stays inside without coming apart, which is what might happen if you use regular adhesive.

Paper: Jolly Holiday DSP
Stamp Set: Tags Til Christmas (2010 Holiday Mini)

Paper: Jolly Holiday DSP (2010-2011 IBC)
Stamp Set: Christmas Punch (hostess set from 2009-2010 IBC)

Paper: Candy Cane Christmas (2010 Holiday Mini)
Stamp Set: Season of Joy (2010-2011 IBC)

Paper: Candy Cane Christmas (2010 Holiday Mini)
Stamp Set: Tags Til Christmas (2010 Holiday Mini)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I am the Discussion Group Leader for our local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group and I wanted to give each of the ladies in my group a little something for Christmas. I wrapped up the "Twisted Peppermint" Bath & Body Works hand soap in a candy striped cellophane baggie and then tied a ribbon using Pretty in Pink satin ribbon (LOVE!). I added a little gift tag I created using Candy Cane Christmas DSP and the sentiment is from the Hostess Level 3 set Occasional Quotes. I think it turned out simple, but cute! Someone had mentioned that this would be a cute idea for Valentine's Day, too!



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This next little gift idea doesn't have anything to do with Stampin' Up! products, but I thought it was fun to share anyway. My husband manages a group of 3 employees and they just so happen to be women, so he asked me for a little help with what to get them as a small little Christmas gift. We ended up going with the "Twisted Peppermint" hand soap as mentioned above and then he got each of them a Target gift card. He even hand picked the design of the gift card to match the soap. He also picked up some peppermint Andes mints to tie it in with the rest of the gift. I happened to have these cute little buckets in my Christmas stash (from an after Christmas clearance shopping trip, I can imagine), so I added some shredded paper packaging to go inside and it finished it off nicely. Now, it might have looked even better if I had added a ribbon or a handmade tag, but this was a "night before" type of gift, so I did what I could without suffering the consequences of staying up too late!

1 comment :

Stampin with Kristy said...

I love the gidt card holders!! How adorable?!?! Very cute gifts that you've made! You have wonderful ideas. TFS!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14