Monday, November 29, 2010

3/$5 Card Making Night - November

A couple of weeks ago, I held my November 3/$5 card night (holiday themed, of course!) It was an awesome turn out and I think each of the ladies had a lot of fun. Many of them decided to make 2 sets of cards, so I was glad that I had made up lots of extras!

My card night fell during the week before Thanksgiving, so I knew it was the perfect time to add a Thanksgiving card to the "card menu".


Stamp Set:
Day of Gratitude

Paper: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Autumn Spice Specialty Paper

Ink: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, markers: Cajun Craze, Old Olive

Accessories:
Decorative Label punch, basic pearls, Dimensionals

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I saw this card at Laurie's Stampin' Spot and instantly fell in love with it! I only tweaked a few things (mostly the sentiment) because I adored everything about it.


Stamp Set:
A Cute Christmas, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Paper:
Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White, Candy Cane Christmas Specialty Paper

Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, markers: Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Garden Green

Accessories:
1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Snowflake punch, Scallop Oval punch, Modern Label punch, basic pearls, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I thought it might be fun to add a little something different to this month's card night, so we made a gift card holder. I found a quick and simple tutorial on how to make these. I used the Two Tags Die to make the portion of the gift card holder that comes out and attached a piece of tape to hold the gift card in place.


Stamp Set: Season of Joy, Occasional Quotes (sentiment - Hostess Level 3 set)

Paper: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper

Ink: Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:
Scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" punch, 1 1/4" punch, scallop dotted trim, sticky tape, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 1 1/4" striped Old Olive, Two Tags Die (used with Big Shot), Dimensionals, silver elastic cord (retired)

6 comments :

Laurie Zoellmer said...

Hi Heidi :) I am SO glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours! I LOVE your work and am now a subscriber through Google Reader. I love your other projects in this post too, so cute. I am going to try one of your gift card holders for sure...love that! I am glad you liked my snowman card and found some inspiration from it :) Thanks again and Happy Stamping!

Kelli said...

Cute, cute!!! I love that second card too...that DSP is so fun (I'm using it for my Christmas cards). You have such fun card making nights!

~Create Me Pink~ said...

You have some very cool projects here! I'm a follower via SC #277.

Please stop by and follow my blog as well...thanks!

http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

Jaye said...

I love the gift card holder, will CASE it and of course credit you. I'm following you and invite you to view my blog, as well: http://jayecatalano.blogspot.com.

Thanks!

Renee said...

great blog!! following from SC!! Hugz n blessings

Rose-Ellen said...

Love the cards! I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection. You can find me at www.MyStampingFriends.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Rose-Ellen

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14