Friday, April 29, 2016

Friday Favorites ~ Apple of my Eye

Today it's Friday Favorites over at the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog! I have sooooo many favorites right now, but I wanted to pick out a favorite that will soon be retiring from the 2016 Occasions Catalog. This set is called Apple of My Eye. It will no longer be available to purchase after May. Time to ink it up a little more before it's gone and I have a whole bookshelf of new stamps that will occupy my stampin' time.




We made this card at a recent card night. I gave the stampers the option to use Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the lemons (I ran out of my Wink of Stella glitter pen, so I went back to the old school method...which definitely adds a lot more glitter!)


Or I gave the option for the stampers to use Crystal Effects to give it a little more of a 3D look to the sliced lemon. The downside of this one is that they had to make sure they set it aside for a very long time to let it dry! 


WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

The original card was one that I CASED from a card I saw here. I added some rhinestones for a little extra bling. I actually used this card design for my March Card Night, which then inspired me to create the above design for another group of stampers.

I added the Wink of Stella glitter pen to give the orange a little shine.  

Stamp Sets
Apple of my Eye, Timeless Texture
Ink
Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Cucumber Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry
Paper
Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Read Red (hearts), Pumpkin Pie
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestone Accents, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2-Way Glue Pen, Crystal Effects, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter
 Tools
Paper Snips, 1-3/8" Circle Punch

No comments :

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14