Friday, July 25, 2014

Inspire. Create. Share. Convention - Part Three

OK, I'm going to try to wrap up Convention highlights today. Hold on tight...there are a ton of pictures in this post. If you have a question about anything, please leave me a comment or shoot me an email! I'm happy to try to answer any questions or comments. 

Friday afternoon I got to meet up with the Control Freaks group! What an HONOR to be a part of this group full of amazingly talented paper artists...seriously!! We got together so we could swap cards. If you haven't visited our blog hop yet, you can start HERE.

Friday night before Awards Night, some of the SSINK gals got together for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was so fun to be able to get to know these ladies better without having a computer in between us! We will be celebrating one year of our blog on August 8th. It's been a fun year!

Me, Cynthia, Darla, Pam, Diana, Kim, Breelin, & Kathy

Kim & I ~ my fellow night owl...even though she's THREE hours ahead of me!!

Me and my roomies ~ Andrea & Olivia ~ getting ready for Awards Night to begin!

The beautiful Shelli Gardner, our hostess for the evening. These were the closest seats we were able to sit in all weekend, so we were super excited to actually be able to see the faces of those on stage from our seats!

Olivia got to go up stage (she's the one holding the blue "H") to help reveal the location of the Getaway Trip. For those who earn the Getaway, they will be going to Newport Beach!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Day Three

During the General Session on Saturday morning, those who have met a milestone got to participate in their "walk" across the stage. This is my 5th year as a demonstrator, so I was able to do the walk for my anniversary!! I had my paparazzi (aka Andrea & Kim) take pictures of me on stage. It was pretty fun!



Eek! Even on the "jumbo-tron". LOL!

My "official" 5 year photo taken in the Recognition Room.

The rest of Saturday afternoon went by in a blur. We had a couple of breakout classes we took, as well as another general session with more fun demonstrations both by Sara Douglass (Shelli's daughter) and Shelli. All of Sara's projects she demonstrated are on Shelli's blog, so you can click HERE to go take a peek!

A quick snapshot of Blendabilities technique from one of the breakout classes.








And, to top off a super fun Convention, I won PRIZE PATROL! This is the Halloween Wreath Simply Created Kit. I had taken pictures of Sara demonstrating it up on stage, but my battery was dying on my camera so a lot of the pictures turned out blurry! Sara did share some other ways to use the kit besides using the directions it comes with. You can see those ideas HERE on Shelli's blog.
 

It was such a fun time at Inspire. Create. Share. Convention 2014

Until next year...


It might be quiet here for the better part of a week. My family and I are off to camping in the beautiful outdoors enjoying just being together and resting. I was hoping to have some posts scheduled before I go, but this may not happen, so forgive me! But have no fear, I'll be back soon! :)

1 comment :

Seryna said...

Thank you for sharing your convention! Congratulations on your 5th year with Stampin' Up :)
~Anne

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14