I wanted to create some Valentine's treat holders for the gals to make since Valentine's Day is fast approaching. First up is this cute little Scallop Square treat holder filled with a baggie of heart-shaped cherry flavored gummies. I have seen many different tutorials on how to make this fun box. However, I created my own short "how to" for my club gals and thought I would share it here, as well.
1. Cut a 5x5 square of cardstock and with the Big Shot Die-Cutting machine, cut a scallop square using the Scallop Square Clear Bigz Die (#115950, $21.95).
2. Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score at 1-1/2” and 2-7/8”.
3. Rotate the square and score again at 1” and 3-3/8”.
4. Crease all of the scored lines with your bone folder. Snip the two middle pieces on both sides (see picture below).
5. Place sticky strip as seen below on both sides.
6. Fold into a box by adhering together on both sides.
7. Embellish for any occasion! (If desired, add a handle.)
Stamp Set: Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Primrose Petals, Pool Party, Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper, More Amore DSP
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Soda Pop Tops, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Scallop Square Clear Bigz Die, Doily Sizzlits, Itty Bitty Banners Framelits, 1/2" Circle punch, Two-Step Owl punch (mini heart)
Stamp Set: Hearts a Flutter
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestones, 1/4" Whisper White Stitched Ribbon
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Petite Pocket Die
We also made a fun card using a couple of new embossing folders from the Spring Catalog, so come on back tomorrow! Happy stamping, friends!