Sunday, September 30, 2012

card club - September 2012

Summer is over and my clubs have started up again! This year I have two clubs running. One is a Big Shot Club and the other is a Card Club. Each club has 8 members and it runs for 8 months. I am really excited about both groups of ladies as everyone is so eager to learn and create! My Card Club meets on the Third Monday of the month. For September's cards, I also used these card designs for my card night I hold at my mother-in-law's every other month. It was great to be able to double up and not do twice the amount of work in planning out the cards.

The first card may look familiar. The inspiration came straight out of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog on pg. 190. I tweaked a few things to make it work for the amount of card kits I was making, as well as the different levels of experience.
Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Sweet Essentials
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals, Pool Party
Ink: Primrose Petals, Pool Party (for sponging edges of Framelit)
Accessories: Rhinestone Accents, Dimensionals, sponges
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Chevron Embossing Folder, Apothecary Framelits, Elegant Butterfly punch

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I love the new Perfectly Preserved stamp set and coordinating Cannery Framelits, so I just had to pull it out to play up the "September Apple" theme. I think this would be a great card for a teacher!
Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Perfectly Preserved
Paper: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, 3/8" Double-Stitched Raspberry Ripple ribbon
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Cannery Framelits, Eyelet Border punch, Two-Step Owl punch (mini heart)


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

The last card we created was something simple, but perfect for that someone in your life with a Fall birthday...
Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Gently Falling, Perfect Punches
Paper: Soft Suede, More Mustard, Ridinghood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Ridinghood Red, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede
Accessories: Dimensionals, 1/2" Lucky Limeade Ruffled ribbon
Tools: Large Oval punch

1 comment :

Pam Steckman said...

I am CASE'ing the Gently Falling and Perfectly Preserved cards! I love them! Thanks for sharing.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14