Monday, June 11, 2012

pinterest-inspired summer gifts


Today is my son's last day of pre-school and I wanted to give his teacher and classmates a fun little treat before summer begins! I had seen an idea floating around on Pinterest that suggested using a beverage dispenser and filling it with goodies and giving it to the teacher on the last day of school. Yesterday during my "quick trip" (ha!) to Target I ran across the cutest lemonade container and the following idea came to life. I grabbed a package of matching lemon napkins, container of powdered lemonade mix, and some lemon drops...
Although I wanted to go a little lemon-crazy and find some other goodies, I decided that my goal was to make sure everything fit inside, so I stuck with the basics.
I finished it off with a tag that says "Hope you have a refreshing summer!" The lemon stamp is from the retired (and will always be missed) stamp set Tart & Tangy. 

The treat for his classmates was something I found directly from something I pinned. The creator used Krazy Straw water bottles and attached the Kool-Aid to those, but it was more "cost-friendly" for me to buy fun crazy straws (although my son only has 9 classmates, I plan to do this for my daughter's class of 24, as well!). The tags were printed from the creator who so generously offered a free printable! Click HERE to see her original post. How sweet of her to offer this to others who need a quick little gift idea.

4 comments :

Kelli said...

Wow...I wish I had seen the Kool Aid idea. I love Kook Aid and that would have been such a fun gift. I'm going to have to keep that in my mental craft book. The teacher gift was a great idea. Love all of the yellow!!

vicki said...

What a fun gift for all of them! I am sure that Austin's teacher really liked her gift. You did have a busy day yesterday ;) Love ya, Mom

Pam Steckman said...

That lemonade container idea would have been PERFECT for my homeroom moms! I was looking for a cute idea! UGH! I did make those Krazy Kool gifts for my class though! They loved them! I matched the straws (at the dollar store 6 for $1) with the kool aid packet. There was a red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple straw and I got kool-aid to match (thanks to walmart). My class LOVED the idea. I printed labels and attached them! :)

Staci said...

Thanks for the idea...much easier than getting the bottles to go with them. I am going to add this to a beach towel instead. I found the beach towel for $2.99. I'm actually giving it to adults for our staff meeting. Thank you!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14