Wednesday, February 8, 2012

sweets for the sweet & big top birthday

I was blessed with a couple days away last weekend (thanks, Sarah!). I was going to bring scrapbooking because I rarely get the chance to pull it out, but after looking through the pictures on the computer I got too overwhelmed and decided I would bring my card stuff instead. I really went into the weekend as a chance to relax, enjoy myself, and put no pressure on the amount I was going to get done. On my last craft weekend in the Fall, I spent too much of the weekend trying to be in work-work-work mode and didn't enjoy just being away. This time was different and I had more fun!!

I decided to make four cards of each design. My intention was to come away with as many cards as I could just to have on hand...I am always needing cards either to use myself or people are interested in buying. To make it easier, I tried to grab a couple packs of DSP and then any coordinating colors, stamp sets, etc. that went with it.

Here are a few of the cards I made using the Big Top DSP and Sweets for the Sweet stamp set...

With this first card, I was inspired by something I saw in the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog.


Stamp Set: Sweets for the Sweet (available in clear or wood mount), Petite Pairs (sentiment-available in clear or wood mount)
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Peach Parfait, Big Top DSP
Ink: markers - Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Accessories: 1/2"" Poppy Parade Taffeta ribbon, Rhinestones Jewel Accents, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: 1" Circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (smallest circle), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I fell in love with Melissa Stout's "sweet" card (found here) and knew it was a great layout. I changed the sentiment and used Dazzling Diamonds Glitter instead of Dazzling Details, but just couldn't resist those cute lollipops!


Stamp Set: Friendly Phrases, Sweets for the Sweet (available in clear or wood mount)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Big Top DSP
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Accessories: 5/8" Real Red Satin ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: 1" Circle punch


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This one was a little more of a process as I cut out each of the three pinwheels using my Paper Snips.

Stamp Set: On Your Birthday (let's celebrate!)
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Big Top DSP
Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turrquoise
Accessories: 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon, 1/2" Real Red Taffeta ribbon (retired), sponges, Tempting Turquoise brads, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools: Large Oval punch, Paper Snips, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1" Circle punch


More cards to come!!

2 comments :

Ashley said...

Hey Heidi,
Yes I hold my classes here at my house. I live in the Cedar Mill, NW Hills area. Where abouts are you. We should meet up sometime! email me atmarostica@yahoo.com
And cute cards...we do have similar style!

StinkerbellSteph said...

Super cute cards!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14