Friday, June 25, 2010

3/$5 Card Making Night - June

Last night I held my monthly 3/$5 card making night. It was so fun to have nine ladies come over to stamp with me! I love that every month it's a new group of women who come to stamp...with a few steadfast attendees, of course! My sister visiting from Washington this coming week even came down a day early just to come to my event (well...that and to go to the community garage sales here in town on Friday).

I'm excited to share with you the cards we made. Two of them were inspired by other cards I had seen, but one of them is an HB Original. *wink* I try to create at least one of them from my own imagination, but I also like CASEing cards, too, to show to my customers that you don't always have to come up with something yourself!

Card #1 - I messed around with this card for awhile before I got it just right...that's the perfectionist in me!

Stamps: Eight Great Greetings (retiring June 30th!)

Paper: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Whisper White, Taken with Teal (retiring - sold out!), Sweet Pea DSP (from Occasions Mini Catalog - no longer available, but it's oh so cute!!)

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Stampin' Markers: Rose Red, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Pretty in Pink

Accessories: scallop trim border (Sale-A-Bration item that will be in the new catalog!), Rose Red 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon (retiring - now 25% off!), Dazzling Diamonds glitter (applied with 2-way glue pen)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Card #2 - I had inspiration for this card, but now I can't find it so I can link to it!! I will keep looking and be back to give credit where credit is due! I tweaked it a little to make it my own, but I definitely "borrowed" the concept of the card. I just love how simple it is, but yet it makes a statement. It can be used for a birthday card or to send for the 4th of July.


Stamps: Itty Bitty Bits (from the Summer Mini Catalog), On Your Birthday (sentiment)

Paper: Brilliant Blue (retiring - sold out!), Whisper White, Real Red

Ink: Brilliant Blue (retiring - sold out!), Real Red

Accessories: 3/4" Real Red polka-dot grosgrain ribbon (retiring - now 50% off!), dimensionals, 1/2" circle punch, 1/4" circle punch from the Punch Pack (from the Summer Mini)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Card #3 - Another card I had some inspiration for, but I have had a picture printed off for the longest time, so I don't even know where to begin looking to link to it. {Updated to add on 6/27/10: I just found the card on the Stampin' Up! customer page - go HERE to see where I got my inspiration.} I actually changed it quite a bit, but the orange slices with the flower and "It's Your Day...Enjoy" was part of the original card. If I find it, I will definitely link to it! You may not notice, but the Pumpkin Pie for the background is polka-dotted by using the Big Shot and texturz plates.


Stamps: Tart & Tangy, On Your Birthday (sentiment)

Paper: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Whisper White

Ink: So Saffron, Stampin' Markers: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron

Accessories: flower assortment designer brads (retiring - now 25% off!), silver brads (used with mat pack/paper-piercing tool), 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, ticket punch, 1/4" Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot Texturz Plate (polka-dot)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Join me for my next 3/$5 card making night on the THIRD THURSDAY - July 15th, 6-8 PM. I really enjoy hosting these events because it helps me stay active in making cards and I can share my love for Stampin' Up! products to others!

1 comment :

Kelli said...

These cards are great! How fun that your sister was able to join in on the fun too. That is the same day as my first Hostess party...perhaps that will be good luck for me!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14