Wednesday, February 12, 2014

class valentines - 2nd grade style

My daughter really wanted to be the "creative planner" for her class valentines this year and I was all for it. She's in 2nd grade and LOVES to use her mama's craft room as her creative space, too! We searched Pinterest for a bit, but she never really fell in love with anything, so she got to planning something on her own. With a few suggestions from me (some she took, some she didn't), she ended up deciding on using lollipops and the Banner Framelits. She die cut all 30 banners, stamped each image (from the Delightful Dozen stamp set), punched out each red glimmer heart with the Small Heart Punch, and then put them all together. She is so proud of her work...and I am, too!



 

My son's class valentines were super easy to put together...and has nothing to do with Stampin' Up! (shocker!!) He has recently gotten into the Minecraft video game and when I came across these Sweethearts candy box wrappers on Pinterest, I knew they would be perfect for him...and I was right ~ he loved them!


 {Love his little signature.}

Come on back tomorrow for our monthly blog hop!!

2 comments :

Patrice said...

Awww she's a clever girl. I'm sure all their class mates will love these little treats.

vicki said...

Now I know what Austin was trying to tell me about the Minecraft paper around a sweetheart box....very cute. Great job, Mikayla!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14