Tuesday, February 17, 2015

CASE the Catalog - Celebrate Today

Over at the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration we are sharing what has inspired us from the 2015 Occasions Catalog. My inspiration came from pg. 10 (see below). It uses the Celebrate Today stamp set and this simple layout really caught my eye. Surprise, surprise!


I kept with most of the same layout, but tweaked a few things here and there. 

I decided to use some DSP from the Moonlight Paper Stack, which are the strips of paper on both sides of the card. The colors I chose were Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, and Basic Gray. For the balloon I stamped off once on scrap paper and then stamped with full ink the stars and dots. I used the Dotty Angles stamp set for the confetti on the bottom of the card. I stapled a gold sequin trim for the balloon tail.

There are some cute epoxy stickers out of the Occasions Catalog and I added a couple of those on the balloon for an extra added effect.

Stamp Sets
Celebrate Today, Dotty Angles
Ink
Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Basic Gray
Paper
Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Moonlight Paper Stack,
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Epoxy Stickers, Gold Sequin Trim
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Balloon Framelits, Stapler
// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14