Tuesday, January 7, 2014

bright blossoms sketch - fm141

Last night was card night at my mother-in-law's ~ 4 cards for $10. My 7-year old daughter was able to come with me because she is still on Winter Break (she doesn't go back to school until Wednesday) and she was SO EXCITED to make cards with grandma's friends...and of course to stay up late!! I wish I had video of her hostess skills. She was too cute welcoming the guests, introducing herself, passing out the card kits, and even helping a fellow 7-year old with the tips and tricks of stamping. Stampin' Up! demonstrator in the making, I tell ya!

Here she is busy at work...


http://www.fridaymashup.com/2014/01/fm141-tic-tock.htmlFor one of the cards we made, I used the Friday Mashup sketch as inspiration. I chose to leave off the banner only because I had already created another card design with a banner (this one I posted last week) and didn't want to go overboard with banner flags...even though I love them! I used the *new* DSP from the Occasions Catalog called Watercolor Wonder. I had a variety of sentiments for the stampers to choose from and the colors used are Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, and Calypso Coral. I added just a touch of bling on the flower and some Gumball Green ribbon, but overall kept it fairly simple.




 Come on back this Thursday for the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop!! We'll be showcasing Valentine's Day projects/Occasions Catalog goodies!

3 comments :

stampwithsandy said...

Cute card, and what fun it is to hear how your daughter helps out! Adorable!

vicki said...

She had so much fun and I enjoyed being there also...loved the cards! Mom

Avery Murphy said...

The colors you chose are perfect and your card is super cute. I like how you changed the banner flag to ribbon. It works perfectly!

Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14