Thursday, May 12, 2011

sweet treats!

Before the school year was over, I wanted to have a few teacher treats for an end of the year thank you. As a former teacher, I always enjoyed getting just a little something to say thank you and having something handmade was always a little more special! I sell my greeting cards at a local consignment store, so I thought these treats would be something that might sell fairly well, also, since the end of the school year is wrapping up and people might be on the hunt for a handmade treat to give.

I made little treat bags using peppermint patties sandwiched between 2 scallop circles and placed in a skinny pretzel bag. I used the Tart & Tangy stamp set (which has been getting a lot of use lately!). The colors are Real Red & Glorious Green (retired). I used some SU! red gingham ribbon (retired) and some other green ribbon I had in my non-SU! stash.


I also wanted to use the little IKEA jars I have been holding onto (for a very long time!). I bought some Apple Jelly Belly candies in bulk to put inside the jars. I stamped the Tart & Tangy apple using Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Glorious Green (retired). I tied a little ribbon around the jar using red gingham ribbon (retired) and added a little "for you" tag from the Tiny Tags stamp set, punching it out with the Jewelry Tag punch. This makes for a fun little treat for a teacher and after all the candy is gone, it would be perfect to hold little things like safety pins, paper clips, push pins, etc.


But, I didn't stop there, I thought while I was at it, I would make another kind of candy jar with Lemonheads inside. Again, I used the Tart & Tangy set, but this time I inked up the lemon (or orange...whichever color you want to use to make it either or). I used Yo-Yo Yellow (retired) and then added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to make it sparkle. I punched out a little heart using the Heart to Heart punch and then tied the jar with a 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon. Using the "sweet treats" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, I made a tag and punched it out with the Small Oval punch.

3 comments :

Kelli said...

LOVE...once again. I might just have to make that last one...I love the heart in the middle. Where do you get the pretzel bags?

Patti said...

Really cute. I'm not a teacher but I'd like it too.

vicki said...

What cute presents! You are so creative!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14