Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday Tip - punch it out!

If you're a regular follower of my blog, you will know that last week I declared Tuesdays as "Tuesday Tip" day. I want to be able to share a useful tip each week (or as often as I realistically can) for using your Stampin' Up! products. Today's tip involves using punches, which are definitely one of my most favorite Stampin' Up! products.

Have you ever stamped an image on a scrap of paper....


Only to find out that the scrap wasn't big enough for you to put inside the punch...


Now, you can probably maneuver it with your thumb to get it just right, but that's not always accurate (and most often, frustrating!)...


So, find a sticky note (big or small) and attach it to your paper you want to punch out...


Hold onto the sticky note and put the paper inside the punch...


And there you have it...


Now you can use every little last scrap of paper...even for punching.

If using a larger size sticky note, you can reuse it quite a few times before needing to get another one.

If you missed last week's Tuesday Tip, check it out HERE.

P.S. I think it's evident that I could really use a manicure! *wink*


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

**I have three "Create a Cupcake" cards to share with you from last night's card making night, so check back tomorrow!**

3 comments :

Unknown said...

Great tip! I was stamping for many years and using the thumb technique until I learned this trick. Hope you saved several people frustration and hard work!!
THanks!

Patti said...

Thanks for the great tip! It can be frustrating.

Kelli said...

Brilliant. I do that maneuver the paper thing all of the time trying to use my scraps. Thanks for the tip.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14