Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday Tip - clear mount stamps

I've decided that Tuesdays will be Tuesday Tip day here on my stamping blog! I plan to try and share one simple little tip or trick every Tuesday (or as often as I realistically can) that will help in some little way with your Stampin' Up! products.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Have you purchased any clear mount stamps yet? Stampin' Up! is well known for their wood stamps, but about a year ago Stampin' Up! introduced clear mount stamp sets into their list of products. There are many advantages to clear mount stamps...one of them being their sleek and compact storage. The case size is the same as a DVD case. You'll notice how these fit on the shelves compared to the wood mount stamp sets. Now you can have room for double the stamp sets! (*wink*)


When I received my first few clear mount stamp sets, I didn't know any better and put them together like I would wood stamps by punching out each rubber stamp and then throwing away the leftover rubber. I then put all the loose stamps back in the case. They then looked like the pictures below and the stamps would shake free in the case, which I really didn't care for, especially if it was a stamp set that had lots of small stamps, like the second picture below.


However, I learned very quickly a little trick that would help keep the stamps in one place while inside the clear mount stamp case.

Just recently I got the new Create a Cupcake stamp set in clear mount. LOVE it!!


I knew it came with a lot of pieces...


After punching out each rubber stamp and putting the picture on top of the rubber, I pulled off the backing of the leftover rubber...


...and stuck it into the inside of the case.


Then I took the individual pieces of the rubber stamps and put them back into the leftover rubber like a puzzle. Now they don't shake free and stay put just right inside the case.


This is the view from the back of the case.


I can't leave you without sharing at least one card! This card is made using the Create a Cupcake stamp set and Build a Cupcake XL punch. This card is a CASE of a card I found on Stampin' Connection (a demonstrator only website) created by Sylvia Christina Evert. A few things I added (like the ribbon), but mostly everything I loved just as is!


I will be holding a Cupcake Birthday Card class next Monday using the Create a Cupcake stamp set and Build a Cupcake XL punch. Come back soon to see what other cards we create!

4 comments :

Kelli said...

That is such a smart way to store them! I haven't tried the clear stamps yet. I love the cupcake card and think that cupcake punch is so adorable.

Patrice said...

I saw this storage idea somewhere a little while back and had an 'aahhhh' moment. I store all of my clear mount this way now and love it. I just wish I had kept the rubber backing for the first 20 odd sets lol.

Gorgeous little cupcake card. I'm such a fan of pink!

Unknown said...

Great tip. Since I still have my clear stamps unopened, I will do this!!

I like the idea of having a tip each Tuesday! Looking forward to learning lots more!

Laurie Zoellmer said...

You are a genius! I am going to organize all of my clear stamp sets right now...thanks so much!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14