Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Swappin' Cards

I attended one of my first upline meetings on Monday night with my direct upline (and friend), Andrea. It was so informative and I just got so excited listening to the other ladies share about the things they do to help their business grow and become successful, not to mention all of the inspiring creations I was surrounded with. They were all very sweet to welcome me and I look forward to the next one.

Each meeting, the ladies not only teach each other techniques, but there are also door prizes and we get to swap cards with each other! I was super excited about the door prizes because I actually was chosen as one of the three who won something! I chose a little goody that was on my wish list. It is the uni-ball Signo white gel pen. Isn't it funny how we get so giddy about the little things!?


Now, onto the card swaps. First, I'll show you the card that I made for the ladies. Each time they meet they have a theme for the swaps and this month's theme was "new catalog". Well, since I don't have anything (yet) from the new catalog, Andrea let me borrow one of her new sets called Lots of Bots so I could participate in the swap.

This particular card I cased from the extremely talented Mary at Stampin' Pretty. With her card, she used the new in-color, Bermuda Bay, but since I don't have any of the in-colors (yet), I went with a shade that was similar.


Paper:
Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White

Stamp Sets: Lots of Bots
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Marker (to color in robot)
Accessories: Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals
Tools: circle cutter, word window punch (for sentiment)

******************************************

This next card is actually one that we got to make at the meeting using the technique that Andrea shared with us. I kind of goofed a little while making it, so mine didn't quite turn out like it was "supposed to", but that is the beauty of cards...you make it your own. The technique was showing us how to make the "animal print" you see in the background. Thanks for the beautiful design, Andrea! This card was made using the new Autumn Days stamp set. Perfect for a masculine card, especially an avid outdoorsman! I love that I got to create something I normally may not have thought about.



******************************************

This next card was created using the new Circle Circus stamp set, as well as some of the new in-colors like Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay. She created this card into an invitation. Love it! Isn't that polka dotted ribbon adorable?


******************************************

This card was created by the upline leader, Lori. She had an AWESOME craft room that I only wish one day I can have! This card was created using the new set Animal Stories.


******************************************

This final card (isn't it gorgeous!?) was made using the new in-color Melon Mambo, as well as the new DSP Razzleberry Lemonade. This one looked like it took a lot of time due to the fact that she colored in her image using stampin' write markers. But, it came out so beautiful, that I would think it would be worth the effort. The image is from the new Razzle Dazzle stamp set.


I hope you enjoyed the card swap designs! It's always fun to see what others create using their imagination and creativity!

1 comment :

Kelli said...

That sounds like a great business to be involved with that has a lot of support. Maybe one day I'll join! I love the cards and it's so funny how after going to the open house I can follow better what you're describing. Great work Heidi.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14