Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hawaiian Happy Birthday

Just a quick card for you today! I made this one for my mom who is heading out to Hawaii TODAY to enjoy a relaxing vacation. She so deserves this!! She just turned 65 years last Friday and we celebrated with a Hawaiian themed dinner and dessert! My brother and sister and families (and my dad) all pitched in to give her some Hawaii spending money. She was thrilled when she opened the card.


I love those little bitty flowers and how they "kind of" look like the Hawaiian flower Hibiscus. The bright colors also remind me of a luau. I used the retiring Birthday Bash DSP from the Occasions Catalog for the background and matched the colors using Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, and Tangelo Twist. The stamp set is a sneak peek from the new catalog featuring one of the host sets that will soon be available. It's called Happy Birthday, Everyone. If you haven't seen my in-colors birthday card set I created using this stamp set, you can check it out here.


Inside greeting with rolled up spending money!

1 comment :

barb mann said...

Heidi - Absolutely PERFECT! The dsp just says Aloha! I bet your mom was thrilled - especially with the nice gift. Thanks for sharing. I always love your cards... Barb

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14