Thursday, October 16, 2014

control freaks holiday card swap

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to swap again with the Control Freaks! This time around we made 25 Christmas swaps using a stamp set we each chose from the Holiday Catalog. I decided to play with the Bright & Beautiful stamp set again to see what I could come up with. I made all of my swaps the same and in return I got 25 beautiful swaps showcasing various Christmas sets from the Holiday Catalog. I love, love, love opening the mail box to find "fun mail"!!

After much trial and error with my design, I finally settled on this and I actually love how it turned out! I ended up leaving off half of the sentiment and to do that I colored the stamp using Lost Lagoon marker.


I used the Heat & Stick with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter technique for the stamped star and then using the Star Framelits and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper created a "framed star" with a Rhinestone in the middle. Each star layer is popped up with Dimensionals.

Stamp Sets
Bright & Beautiful
Ink
Lost Lagoon, Versamark, Marker - Lost Lagoon
Paper
Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Accessories
SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Heat & Stick Powder, Rhinestones, Lost Lagoon 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon, All is Calm Washi Tape
 Tools
Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Star Framelits, Star Embossing Folder

25 cards all ready to mail!

The Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration designers are also sharing Christmas cards today, so be sure to head on over to see some inspiration as we look ahead to the Christmas season!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Great Card Heidi. So much glimmer and shimmer :)

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14