Monday, May 19, 2014

control freaks tour - catalog preview

It has been an exciting last couple of months for me as I have been invited to be a part of a couple groups full of talented Stampin' Up! demonstrators. I am so thankful for these opportunities! Yesterday I shared with you the exciting journey I embarked upon with The Creation Station and today I get to share with you that I am now a member of the Control Freak Stampers! EEK! This group is full of some amazing paper artists. What a pleasure and honor it is for me to be a part of the fun! A couple of months ago I participated in my first swap with The Control Freaks (I'll share that card sometime this week!) and today I will be participating in my first "Tour De Freaks". I'm not gonna lie ~ I feel a little intimidated to be a part of this tour because there is SO MUCH TALENT on this hop!! But I am choosing to embrace it and be confident in my own clean and simple style. We all need to see a variety of ways to use Stampin' Up! products, right?

So, without further ado...if you are following the hop you have just come from Cindy's blog!

The theme for this month's tour is "Catalog Preview". As a demonstrator, we are given the opportunity to purchase select products made available to us a little sooner than our customers. I decided to place a small pre-order to get a few goodies early and I will be showcasing some of those today. Each of these cards uses the stamp set called Work of Art, a stamp set I am sure will be getting lots of ink on it! For each of the cards I will also be using some of the new 2014-2016 In-Colors.

Card #1: The card base is Blackberry Bliss. I was instantly drawn to this color for a couple of reasons; 1) purple is my favorite color, 2) Blackberry Bliss is pretty close to being my exact wedding color 10 years ago! I paired Blackberry Bliss with another new in-color, Hello Honey. The combo goes nicely together, especially when tied together using some of the paper from the new Moonlight DSP Stack. I tied a bow on the top of the card using Hello Honey 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (available in all new in-colors). The background images are stamped in Hello Honey with one using the full color and then stamped again without re-inking. I stamped the two heart images on a separate piece of Whisper White and then hand cut the two hearts using my Paper Snips...then popped them up using Dimensionals. I added three rhinestones in the bottom left to fill in some of the blank white space.


Card #2: The card base for this card is Mossy Meadow, another 2014-2016 In-Color. I thought it would look pretty paired with Blackberry Bliss. I decided to wrap both colors of 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon around the card and tie with a bow at the top. The hearts are both stamped in Blackberry Bliss onto a separate sheet of Whisper White and then cut out with Paper Snips, but one was stamped again before re-inking. The heart on top is popped up with a Dimensional. This is the same technique I used with the chevron image. The bottom chevron image is with full Blackberry Bliss ink, then the second I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line them up and stamped again without re-inking the stamp. I did this a third time and still did not re-ink. This is how I got the three different shades of the Blackberry Bliss. 


Are you wondering where I got the green accents? 
 

I used my *NEW* Stampin' Blendabilities (alcohol-based marker) to color some of the pearls. This works perfectly as it won't rub off all over your fingers like a Stampin' Write Marker will. Although this particular marker is from the Old Olive Blendabilities Collection, I think it matches really well to the Mossy Meadow cardstock.

Card #3: I chose to pull out another sheet of the Moonlight DSP Stack, but wanted to use the Lost Lagoon in-color cardstock this time. It is paired with Hello Honey, as well as Basic Gray. I used the coordinating Circle Framelits for the layering of circles and stamped the image from Work of Art using Lost Lagoon and the sentiment is in Basic Gray. Again, I tied a bow with the Hello Honey 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon. I'm going to love this ribbon!


For a fun little accent, I added one of the itty bitty flowers from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. Unfortunately this punch pack is retiring (but still available right now, #118309, $16.95), but I will say there will be a close replacement, so keep your eyes peeled when the new catalog arrives!

I hope you enjoyed my cards today!! I only missed one color from the new 2014-2016 In-Color. It is called Tangelo Twist. I'll plan to share more with that color coming up in the future, so come on back.

http://inkspiredtreasures.com/cards/may-tour-de-freaks-2/Please continue to hop along with the Tour de Freaks. Next time stop is the amazingly talented Connie Babbert at Inkspired Treasures. You're in for a real treat!!



If for some reason a link is broken or you get lost along the way, you can click on any of the links below!

Control Freaks Blog Hop List

1. Heidi Baks at Running with Scissors
2. Mindy Backes at Bada-Bing Crafting!
3. Debbie Henderson at Debbie's Designs
4. Melissa Davies at Rubberfunatics
5. Justin Krieger at JK Cards
6. Wendy Weixler at Wickedly Wonderful Creations
7. Cindy Elam at Heart's Delight Cards
8. Heidi Boos at Stuck on Stampin' (you are here!)
9. Connie Babbert at Inkspired Treasures
10. Judy DiScipio at Judy Stamps
11. Julie Davison at Julie's Stamping Spot

6 comments :

Wendie Waldman said...

Love how you combined these two great new products.

Heidi Baks said...

I love the new Moonlight paper. I'm so glad you decided to highlight it. My fav project is the middle one... love the multiple stamping of the chevrons and the custom pearls!

Natalie said...

I love the color coordinated pearls! The Blendabilities look like so much fun for this!

Really beautiful cards, Heidi!

Stéphanie Tsang said...

I have already seen a lot of cards using Work of Art but your cards really havea touch. I like your projects. Good job on being part of the tour!

Melissa Davies said...

From one "newbie" to another - WELCOME! Your cards are beautiful! I love the two ribbons tied together. Great showcase of all the new colors!

Patrice Pierce said...

Great cards! I CASED the "Just for You" card with Coastal Cabana and Lost Lagoon. Your cards inspired me to use this set even more.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14