Thursday, February 28, 2013

february card club - consider it CASEd...and simple!

February Card Club has come and gone by a week and a half, so it's better late than never to share with you the cards we made! With the busy-ness that February brought I knew that I needed to keep everything simple this month. To help with that I did some browsing of the web (and Pinterest!) to help me out with layouts and ideas. So, my theme for the night was simple and CASEd (Copy And Share Everything). Because I did keep the cards a little more simple than normal, I let the ladies make four cards instead of three. Lucky stampers, right?! And, although I did CASE these cards, I wanted to add my own little touch to each one just to make a little bit different than the original.


How I changed it up ~ I stamped and then punched out a small circle from the center of the largest shape, then popped it up with a Dimensional. I also added rhinestones to the center of each image.
Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Lacey & Lovely
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party
Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestone Accents, Island Indigo Satin Ribbon (SAB)
Tools: N/A


How I changed it up ~ I decided to go with brighter colors (sorry about the picture...the Calypso Coral looks more red in the above picture). I also added some leaves and used Dazzling Details for the center of each flower to give it some sparkle.
Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Bloomin' Marvelous
Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade, Black Staz-On
Accessories: Dimensionals, Dazzling Details
Tools: N/A


How I changed it up ~ I stayed with the color scheme, but instead of lining up the circles in a row, I laid them down in a wavy pattern. I also chose to use a different image and sentiment.

Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Spring Sampler, Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Lucky Limeade, markers - Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Dimensionals
Tools: 1-3/4" Circle punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

 
How I changed it up ~ I used a slightly different color scheme and added polka dotted paper for the background. I also went with a star punch and rhinestone instead of a button and added a sentiment onto the front.

Card Recipe
Stamp Set: Moving Forward, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Real Red, Polka Dot Parade DSP (Pumpkin Pie)
Ink: Pacific Point, markers - Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Dimensionals, Rhinestone Accents
Tools: Word Window Punch, Scallop Edge punch, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Cloud Days Embossing Folder

Come on back again soon...we just had Big Shot Club on Tuesday this week, so there's more to share!! Leave me a comment if you have any questions!

3 comments :

vicki said...

I had so much fun making these! Glad I am part of your card club :)

Julie Davison said...

Great cards! I especially love the last one with the boat. The color combination is perfect! Thank you for linking back to my blog! It makes me so happy to inspire others!

Anonymous said...

I love the cards! I always do a bit of CASEing myself, but always tweak the design to make it my own.

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14