Sunday, April 1, 2012

the paper players - it's very "punny"


OK...I'm not gonna lie. Anne Marie stumped me this week with the Paper Players sketch...it was a tough one for me! The challenge is to "tickle your funny bone" and I really don't have that many stamp sets that do this. I knew I had the retired Pun Fun set I could pull out, but I wanted something just a little different to work with. My mom happened to have a retired set called Very Punny and I thought I would do something with that, so here is what I came up with...

I ended up printing from the computer the sentiment "you are like no udder" because I wanted it a little bit bigger than what it was on the stamp itself.

To help me with the color scheme, I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown.


To match the sentiment "you are like no udder", I made one of the cows stand out a bit and gave her pink spots...with a little Dazzling Diamonds of course!


Stamp Set: Very Punny (retired)
Paper:
Basic Gray, Regal Rose, Basic Black, Lucky Limeade (striped DSP)
Ink: Basic Black, markers - Regal Rose
Accessories: Dimensionals, Pearl Accents
, 3/8" Basic Black Scallop Dotted ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (with 2-way glue pen)
Tools: Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, 1-1/3" Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Itty Bitty Circle punch

I hope you'll come join in the fun and laughter at the Paper Players this week as we celebrate April being Humor Month! The rest of the design team has some fun cards for you to giggle at and get inspired to create something funny of your own!

14 comments :

Brenda said...

I love this card - the layout and the colors are perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Udderly adorable! Love the pink and black - just moo-valous!

None None said...

Just fabulous! Love the pink cow in the center!

Terri said...

Cute Heidi! I love the cow with the pink spots.

Lesley said...

I love this Heidi, you did amazing things with the set and printing the sentiment.

Broni said...

What an adorable card! It really is quite punny! Thanks for playing along in our Color Throwdown challenge this week!

vicki said...

Very cute! Glad I could help out by loaning you the stamp set :)

LeAnne said...

The farmer in me is chuckling big time at your lineup of cows! I am sure that pink sparkly one certainly IS like no udder!!! CUTE!

Chris Dring said...

What an udder-able card! Sorry, had to go there!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Udderly awesome, Heidi! What is not to love? A pink cow and plenty of polka dots, just say "fun" to me. Hmmm, probably shouldn't share this but when I was little, I was convinced that chocolate milk came from brown cows. I still get picked on from my family about it. So, pink cows must make strawberry-flavored milk, right? I'm totally ok with that. Lol! This is just too cute! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! Big hugs! :)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Heidi... I looked at this same stamp set, but I am always lost with little images. You did good girl!!. I always love your cards!! Happy Card and Happy Cows!!

Hugs
Shirley

Kelli said...

I love how you made one of the cows stand out to match the sentiment...you're so creative. Great card :)

Nance Leedy said...

Udderly clever and cute! Love the you made one of the cows unique and the layout is bovine, um, I mean divine!!

Jenn Picard said...

Oh I love the pink spotted, sparklely cow! And what great contrasting colours to work with for this super cute and "udderly" adorable card:) Love the layout too!

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14