Tuesday, February 14, 2012

class valentines

Both of the kids had their class parties today. I am the Classroom Coordinator for Mikayla's class (Kindergarten), so I was able to be with her today. Austin is in pre-school and the teacher said they were going to have a low key day at school, so his teacher said not to worry about missing his activities. They mostly just passed out the valentines, had a special cupcake, and sang some songs. Even though I know it was on a much smaller scale than the Kindergarten party, I was bummed to have miss being with my little buddy, too! There is always next year to be involved with his class, I suppose...

It was fun to make classroom valentines and I kind of took over on that part this year...when they get older they can help more with the process, right?

Mikayla brought butterflies for all of the girls...

{I originally posted these last year}
Link

And little note cards with sports candy hearts attached for all of the boys...

{so fun to use the Hearts Framelits Dies}

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And for our little Austin-monkey I was sooooooooooo excited to make his valentines! He only has nine other classmates, so I could be a little more detailed with his valentines. I originally found the idea on Pinterest (of course!), but they used banana Runts in their baggies. I couldn't find just banana flavored at the first store I went to and didn't want to go from store to store to find them, so Laffy Taffy candy it was! (I am assuming it was cheaper anyway?)


For the girls in his class, I added a little bow using two hearts placed end to end and added a rhinestone in the middle. Aren't they adorable?!

Making valentines is so much fun!! I just need to remember to do it way earlier and next year I'll have the kids help...maybe. *wink*

3 comments :

Pam Steckman said...

OMG I love the monkey ones! Sooooo cute!

Karen Graff-Povis said...

Oh my!!! Those monkeys are SO cute!!!! I'm going to have to save this for next year!!! I love to visit your blog!

Patrice said...

Love these little monkey gifts Heidi. Lucky children :o)

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14