Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cottage Garden & Sunny Garden = a quick set of cards!

On Wednesday, I had the highly unusual opportunity to spend a good 3 hours in my craft room while the kids napped. I had had a rough morning and so I prayed for God's strength in finding my "happy place" again! God definitely answered my prayer because my kids NEVER (and I mean NEVER) nap for 3 hours. I'm lucky if I get an hour and a half out of them. I knew there were plenty of "to dos" around the house, but I needed to find something that would make me smile and spending time doing what I love definitely helps me do that! The rest of the house chores could wait!

Recently, I purchased a new stamp set called Cottage Garden (in clear mount), as well as the Designer Series Paper, Sunny Garden, that actually matches this stamp set. I made 5 different card designs and I usually like to make 2 of each design, so I ended up making 10 cards yesterday!! I loved being able to use the same color scheme, stamp set, and paper for each of these cards. The process was so much quicker because I wasn't struggling to find different colors to match!

Cottage Garden Stamp Set
Clear Mount - $14.95
Wood Mount - $18.95



Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper
12 sheets - 2 each of 6 double-sided designs - $9.95

The Sunny Garden DSP (designer series paper) coordinates with this year's in-colors: Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, & Pear Pizazz. It also coordinates with the new color Daffodil Delight. You can buy a pack of the Assorted In-Colors for only $6.95.

So, now here's the big reveal of the cards I created!!

I pretty much CASED this card from here, but added some of my own personal touches, such as the orange rhinestone in the center of the flower, used a different sentiment, and rotated the image slightly (to be honest, I made a mistake with the sentiment being crooked and this is how I fixed it, but I liked it better this way!)


This is an "HB Original" and I used the pre-printed designs in the paper to pretty much complete the card. I used my new Butterfly Wings Embosslits die to add some butterfly dimensions to the card and the sentiment is from the Perfect Punches stamp set (in clear mount).

This is another card I came up with on my own. The Cottage Garden stamp set is a 2-step stamp set and I must tell you that if you are a perfectionist like me and want your images to overlap each other perfectly, you must order the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (really, that's what they call it!). It helps you line up your images with a two-step stamp perfectly. To make the flowers I stamped the main flower image in Peach Parfait and then the outlined image is stamped in Poppy Parade. I do not own the in-colors stamp pads, but I do own the In-Colors Assorted Marker Set which are very convenient to have around because you can just use those as your "ink".

The size of this card is a 4.25" square. I love making these square cards because they make things so linear and that's really my style. The scallop circle image is "popped up" using Dimensionals and the sentiment is from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes.

This card is a CASE, although I didn't do things exactly. The super-talented Andrea Walford shared a similar card and I really liked the layout. I used the butterfly image instead of the buttons, used a small strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock instead of the ribbon (didn't have it) and flip-flopped the DSP, so the flowered image is on the top. I also used a Texturz plate for the background on the Peach Parfait cardstock instead of using the Lattice Embossing Folder as Andrea did. I liked the more subtle look of the texture.

I hope you enjoyed these cards. I'm excited to use this set to make more. I would highly recommend purchasing the Sunny Garden DSP, Cottage Garden stamp set, and the In-Color cardstock and markers assortment (all for less than $50!) Just as I did, you can sit down and whip out so many cards at all at once because everything coordinates without really have to think about it...my kind of card making!! *wink*

Also, recently Stampin' Up! retired a similar kind of DSP using different colors called Cottage Wall (the print is pretty much the same as Sunny Garden). This has been my favorite paper to date (it couldn't be that my favorite color is purple, could it?!)...I'm so sad they got rid of it (due to some colors retiring for good). If I have some time today I am going to replicate each of these cards above using that retired paper. It will be so nice to whip out another 10 cards with not much thinking at all!


To place an online order, visit my website at heidiboos.stampinup.net and find where it says SHOP NOW! Please contact me with any questions you might have at heidilynneboos{at}hotmail{dot}com.

2 comments :

Unknown said...

I love them. You are very talented!! I now want 3 hours to work on my room, not going to happen though. I just need to find a day to come to your place and stamp.

Kelli said...

Sunny Garden is ABSOLUTELY my favorite DSP to date. I just got some the other week and I can't get enough. I love Poppy Parade too...love it. Your cards are wonderful and I'm so excited that your prayers were answered and you were able to get in some much needed you/stamping time :)

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14