Friday, May 21, 2010

3/$5 Card Making Night -May

I had a GREAT turn out for last night's 3/$5 card making at my house - 17 stampers!! I feel so blessed that now I have a home big enough to house all 18 of us comfortably. I had 3 tables set up with a card and supplies at each table. It was fun to see some of the ladies go "out of the box" and create something all their own instead of using the examples I had. I like to see that creativity.

The following are the cards that we created last night:

This first card could be used for a congratulations or a birthday card. I used some retired DSP, but the giraffe just looked perfect with the polka dots, so I went ahead and used it for this event anyway. I wish this paper would have stuck around!


Stamps:
Animal Crackers, A Little Birthday Cheer (sentiment)
Paper: Sweet Always DSP (retired), Regal Rose, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip (used watercolor pencils and blender pen for the image)
Accessories: 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, scalloped edge punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, clear gemstone (non-SU!)

*********************************************************
With Father's Day coming up, I knew there was a need for one of these. I fiddled around quite a bit to get this one just right, but I really like how it turned out!


Stamps: Eight Great Greetings
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy DSP (from the hostess pack)
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: hemp twine, dimensionals, Big Shot Stars #2 Original Die, Star Designer Brads

*********************************************************
This last card used the new Watercolor Trio out of the Summer Mini Catalog. I LOVE this set (I purchased it in clear mount). I'm glad I stepped outside of the box for this one because I don't really have anything like this in my collection so far. It's not my style per se, but I will enjoy playing with this set anyway and I know I will love it! This card was pretty closely CASED from this gorgeous card by Silke Ledlow. I just loved it so much I had to share it with others! (This particular card is 4.25" x 4.25".)


Stamps:
Watercolor Trio
Paper: Barely Banana, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Ink: So Saffron (didn't have BB), Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Accessories: silver brads, dimensionals, paper piercing tool, ticket corner punch

Hope to see some of you at my next 3/$5 card making night on Thursday, June 24th, 6-8 PM.

1 comment :

vicki said...

They all look great! Wish I could have been there! Love, Mom

// ADDED BY RYAN ON 1-3-14 // END ADDED BY RYAN 1-4-14